Council adopts position on Nature Restoration Law
New LIFE Call for Proposals open until November
(1) Facilitating large-scale deep renovation;
(2) Regulatory and administrative frameworks;
(3) Buildings energy data and services.
European Sustainable Energy Week
EUSEW is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
More support for projects on the Trans-European Transport Network
The European Commission has allocated € 6.2 billion in grants, through the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), for 107 new projects on the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T). 82% of the funding concerns transport infrastructure that contributes to climate objectives in line with the European Union’s commitments.
As part of the EU’s solidarity response to Ukraine, the Commission set out an Action Plan for the EU-Ukraine Solidarity Lanes to facilitate Ukrainian exports and bilateral trade. Roughly € 250 millions will be used to enhance the cross-border connections with Ukraine and Moldova along these Solidarity Lanes.
Commission proposes to set up a Ukraine Facility
EU Spanish Presidency to kick-off on 1 July
On 1 July, Spain will take over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union until 31 December. This time is marked buy a turmoil caused by a series of events that still keep the European Union busy over current and new challenges for the second half of 2023. Among these, the War in Ukraine, cyber threats and the inflation.
Among the priorities defined by the Spanish Prresidency (for the complete programme click on Read More below) the ones that will impact construction are :
- Promoting a reform of the electricity market aimed at accelerating the deployment of renewable energies, the reduction of electricity prices and the improvement of the system’s stability;
- Accelerating the legislative files related to the Fit for 55 package, such as the Gas and Hydrogen package and the energy efficiency regulations;
- Support measures for the decrease of waste and microplastics, the designing of sustainable products and the generation of green fuels.
Specifically, on the “construction” front, the sector will benefit from the progress that will be made under the policies and actions set forth by the Net Zero Industry Act and the EU Green Deal Industrial Plan: enabling regulation will impact positively key technology drivers and data-sharing, and it will contribute to cut global greenhouse gas emissions by 1/5 until 2030.
Did you know that…?
ELA annual conference on the future for labour mobility
On 21 June, FIEC attended the joint meeting of ELA Management Board and Stakeholders’ Group, in Bratislava. At this occasion, ELA presented its latest activities, including those specifically dedicated to the construction sector. The Work Programme for the coming year was also discussed in depth, and participants called for a new approach focused on fewer activities and higher provision of concrete results.